Transgov is a research atelier (Officina di Ricerca) that promotes the study of transnational governance dynamics in a number of policy domains. It is a laboratory where students, researchers, professors and practitioners interact with a view to sharpening their analytical tools and sharing substantive knowledge.
The Officina of transnational governance gathers together scholars with an expertise in comparative politics, policy analysis, political economy, international relations, and emerging research in international security.
The main goal is to advance on a shared research agenda on transnational governance and identify a common conceptual and analytical toolkit to overcome the cleavage between IR studies on the one hand and comparative politics and policy analysis on the other.
Its programme includes a wide array of initiatives disseminated along teaching activities and research projects that are organized at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies and with a broad array of partner institutions.
- Robust data or data fetishism? 26 May 2020
- Debating stability in Africa: transnational dynamics amidst international interventions, 27 May 2020 (in collaboration with Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies – European University Institute)
- Italian Politics after the populist government: between continuity and change, 28 November 2019
- PhD programme in Transnational Governance (in collaboration with Scuola Normale Superiore)
- Master course in Transnational Global Governance, part of the Master programme in International Security Studies (run in collaboration with the university of Trento)
- Undergraduate course in “History and Politics: Conceptual Genealogies for Policy Analysis.
- Undergraduate course in “Qualitative Methods for Political Science”
- Fieldwork Challenged, 30 November – 2 December 2020 (in collaboration with EUI Med Directions and Scuola Normale Superiore)
- Work and Welfare in the Digital Era – Espanet Spring School (in collaboration with ESPANet (European Network for Social Policy Analysis), ESPANet Italia, INAPP (Istituto Nazionale per l'Analisi delle Politiche Pubbliche).
Collaborative publication projects
- Bressanelli, E. and D. Natali (eds.) 2019. Italian Politics 2018. Contemporary Italian Politics. Vol. 11, no. 3.
- Grimm J., Koehler K., Lust E., Saliba I., Schierenbeck I., (eds.) 2020. Safer Field Research in the Social Sciences. A Guide to Human and Digital Security in Hostile Environments. London: Sage.
- Polese A., Russo A., Strazzari F., (eds.) 2019. Governance Beyond the Law: the immoral, the illegal, the informal. London: Palgrave Macmillan
- Raineri L., Golovko K., 2019. Navigating borderlands in the Sahel. Border security governance and mixed migration in Liptako-Gourma. Dakar/Geneva: Mixed Migration Centre.