Inail Grants - REPAIR LAB
The REPAIR Lab results from a collaboration between The BioRobotics Institute and the INAIL (National Workers’ Compensation) Prosthetic Center. The main research fields of the lab are: biorobotics, prosthetic devices and interfaces, neurorobotics and recovery of motor and sensory functions after amputation or neurological injury. The objective is to bridge the engineering research and development with the rehabilitation activities conducted by physicians and therapists in direct contact with the patients.
Currently INAIL funds the following projects:
- CECA 2020: Focused on the development and experimental evaluation of novel non-invasive upper limb prostheses and components.
- MOTU: Devoted to the development and assessment of a new lower limb prosthesis with bi-directional control interface.
- RELIEF: Focused on the design and implementation of an artificial sphincter able to increase patient autonomy from catheters or other external devices.
- MeTACOs: Investigates new methodologies for treating amputees with osteointegrated implants and prostheses.
- BioSUP: New innovative and modular solutions for the restoration of urinary function.
- BioARM: The aim is to improve the motor function of patients with brachial plexus lesions thanks to the development of a new active orthosis fully portable.
- MioPRO: A new human-machine interface for the control of prostheses.
Past projects include:
- PPR3: Development of new biomimetic, articulated and instrumented prosthetic finger phalanges, both controlled by invasive and non-invasive interfaces.
Prof. Christian Cipriani
Centro per la Sperimentazione ed Applicazione di Protesi e Presidi Ortopedici di Vigorso di Budrio
Via Rabuina 14, 40054 Vigorso di Budrio (BO).